In 2017 we have had our ISO 14001 registration renewed, and have been commended on the progress we’ve made.
Through our environmental policy we’ve made a public commitment to:
- meet all relevant environmental legal requirements and exceed them where we can;
- reduce our waste and manage it well;
- be vigilant in avoiding the risk of pollution;
- use resources as efficiently as possible.
Just some of our recent practical initiatives include:
creating reusable stillages to despatch products to key customers,
- reducing packaging;
- changing to low wattage lamps, and installing motion sensors, to reduce electricity wastage;
- recycling our waste PVC, to reduce the amount being sent to landfill.
OUR RESPONSIBILITY TO OUR STAFF
We’re proud of our hard-working, high-calibre staff, and will always reciprocate the commitment they give us. So we offer competitive remuneration and rewards, apprenticeships, training, career paths, stimulating and rewarding work, and the opportunity to progress and achieve.
OUR RESPONSIBILITY TO OUR COMMUNITY
For most of our years we’ve been located at Heathfield, providing employment to the surrounding area, and working where we can with South Devon suppliers. We take these connections seriously, and will continue to build a strong, reputable and enduring business which will contribute to the local economy for years to come.
OUR RESPONSIBILITY TO OUR NATURAL ENVIRONMENT
We’re privileged to be based in the heart of Devon, close to a Site of Special Scientific Interest, with the Dartmoor hills as a backdrop. You’re always welcome to visit! Through sound environmental management, we will ensure we play our part in preserving our beautiful surroundings. You can find out more by reading our environmental policy.